Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday Morning Rant...

Ok folks, you get a "twofer" treat this morning...

First things first. Our "fearless leader" (and I use the term "leader" loosely, here) is in another controversial position...go figure. His hero, Nancy Pelosi, is caught up in a media frenzy over statements she made regarding the CIA's practice of waterboarding. She claims that she knew nothing about these "torturous" events. Oh, but wait, that was her FIRST story. Now she says that she DID know, but she was misled by the CIA. This, of course, raised the ire of CIA head Leon Panetta (who was appointed by Obama, uh-oh!) who claims that the CIA is not in the habit of misleading Congress.

I agree that the CIA, or any governmental agency for that matter, hasn't always had the cleanest reputation. I tend to believe them in this instance, however A person in a high-ranking position like Nancy Pelosi, with her thumb on the pulse of America, could not NOT know about the goings on of the CIA. Sorry, Nancy! Be a woman and own up to the fact that YOU are actually the one who tried to mislead Congress and the American people by lying about what you knew.

So what will Obama do? It's been asked when he's going to speak about this situation with his beloved Nancy Pelosi. My opinion? He'll say nothing and he'll do nothing. After all, without Geppetto there would be no Pinocchio would there?

Now, as promised, part two of my Sunday morning rant. Wanda Sykes. And before the comments come in that I'm only speaking out against her because she's a black, lesbian, Obama-supporter - hold your tongue. My problem with her is that she's a poor excuse for a human being. Even Dennis Miller, the king of off-color comedy, said in a recent interview with Bill O'Reilly that she was unprofessional.

She can cry until the cows come home that her comment about Rush Limbaugh was "just a joke." Whatever, Wanda. Maybe she didn't come right out and say that she wanted him to die, but wishing someone's "kidneys would fail" isn't exactly wishing that person a long and happy life, is it? Was anything done? Nope. Was she forced to apologize? Nope. But let's look at the CBS Sportscaster David Feherty who made the comment about Nancy Pelosi, Henry Reed, Osama Bin Laden and a U.S. Soldier with a gun and two bullets in an elevator. He was forced to apologize for his comments. Wait, wasn't it "just a joke?" Oh that's right, it's only funny when the current administration isn't the butt of the joke. My fault.

As always, I welcome your comments...

2 comments:

  1. all I can say is the countdown is ticking away on my computer till the NEXT election. I am so...and have been disgusted by Pelosi that I literally want to throw up everytime she opens her darn mouth.

    As far as Wanda...well I used to love her, she made me laugh, but I don't like the way she went with her "jokes" I mean I have a bad mouth, and say some inappropriate things lots of times (ask my family LOL)....but to actually put into words and form a sentence to speak on tv that you hope someone's kidneys fail...well she can bite me, I will from this moment forth NEVER watch her again.

    I am so tired of all the crap going on with this administration, I truly just sit back and wait for them to hang themselves with all their lies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I watched Wanda's speech. It was no different than any of the other hundreds of speeches I've seen at those dinners. She cracked me up more than a few times.

    I'm pretty sure taking her seriously and getting all politically correct about the JOKES she made is just sour grapes.

    Hey...Rush Limbaugh thinks she is less than human and isn't deserving of the same rights that he enjoys...and he says so every day on his radio show.

    I'm sure if he was sky high on Oxy even he would have chuckled at some of her jokes. Lighten up people.

    ReplyDelete